Personal Development ResourcesAssessments and Reading To Help Your Growth
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies…The man who never reads lives only one.”
George R.R. Martin
I have to be honest with you; I hold a deep love affair with books. I’m certain I have an inner librarian living inside of me. I love to read. Whenever I attempt to become a minimalist and declutter my house, the first thing I look at is my books. I have book shelves in my bedroom, in the family room, in the dining room in the garage, and in storage. I quickly ditch my minimalist mentality at least when it comes to purging my books. They are my treasures. They have taken me to magical places I had only dreamed of, taught me things I could never have thought of on my own, and introduced me to remarkable people who have impacted my life profoundly.
Working with high performers, I’ve discovered that those driven to succeed relentlessly pursue learning and growth. They are passionate about learning for its own sake and this passion fuels them and brings a high degree of knowledge and skill credibility to their work. Much of that learning comes from books – either reading or listening to.
Developing a habit of reading is powerful; it expands your knowledge in a wide variety of subjects, reveals untapped passions, and improves brain function. I encourage you to cultivate a habit of reading. I know it will add so much value to your life and because of that; I’ve included a reading list in this resource section.
Just an FYI, I did not go online and google books in different categories. This reading list comes from a pretty intimate group: they are books that either I have read or my kids have read. I will continue to update this list periodically.
The book list is categorized in the following divisions:
Faith and Spirituality
- In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day: How to Survive and Thrive When Opportunity Roars
- Dangerous Journey: The Story of Pilgrim’s Progress
- When Jesus Wept
- The Great Divorce
- The Screwtape Letters
- Chase the Lion: If Your Dream Doesn’t Scare You It’s Too Small
- Through the Eyes of a Lion: Facing Impossible Pain, Finding Incredible Power
- A Trip Around the Sun: Turning Your Everyday Life Into the Adventure of a Lifetime
- Greater: Dream Bigger. Start Smaller. Ignite God’s Vision for Your Life
- The Power of Forgiveness: Keep Your Heart Free
- Lucky or Smart: Fifty Pages for the First-Time Entrepreneur
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike
- The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever
- Born for This: How to Find the Work You Were Meant to Do
- Great by Choice: Uncertainty, Chaos and Luck- Why Some Thrive Despite Them All
- Rule the Room: A Unique, Practical and Comprehensive Guide to Making a Successful Presentation
- The Art of Critical Decision Making
- Rejection Proof: How I Beat Fear and Became Invincible Through 100 Days of Rejection
- The Art of Living: Peace and Freedom in the Here and Now
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- Peak: Secrets From the New Science of Expertise
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles
- Winning the Brain Game: Fixing the 7 Fatal Flaws of Thinking
- Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable
- The Art of Problem Solving 101: Improve Your Critical Thinking and Decision Making Skills and Learn How to Solve Problems Creatively
- The Five Keys to Mindful Communication: Using Deep Listening and Mindful Speech to Strengthen Relationships, Heal Conflicts, and Accomplish Your Goals
- Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts- Becoming the Person You Want to Be
- The Memory Illusion: Why You May Not Be Who You Think You Are
- The Practicing Mind: Developing Focus and Discipline in Your Life
- The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth am I Here For?
- The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Them and Reach Your Potential
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Man’s Search for Meaning
- 5 Chairs 5 Choices: Own Your Behaviors, Master Your Communication, Determine Your Success
- Resilience: The Science of Mastering Life’s Greatest Challenges
- Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
- The Power of Vulnerability: Teachings of Authenticity, Connection and Courage
- Who Switched Off My Brain? Controlling Toxic Thoughts and Emotions
- 7 Decisions: Understanding the Keys to Personal Success
Latest Transform University Personal Development Blogs
On this episode of the Live Well Radio Podcast with Brett Coleman, Rita Hudgens talks about the power of choice and how we’re not a product of our circumstances but rather a product of our decisions.
How confident are you in what you are doing NOW to avoid not living up to your potential? The good news is that your potential doesn’t have to lie forgotten in the cemetery of buried treasures.
Do you find yourself continually overcommitting your services and your valued time? Why do people say yes when everything inside of them is saying NO? Let’s look at building confidence in your NO.
Your calling is something you are drawn to; it is woven into the fabric of your purpose. Let’s look at three key concepts you can focus on to help better identify your calling and purpose.